Monday, August 15, 2011

Industrial Inspiration and Repurposing

I've been noticing furniture designs trending towards re-purposed, recovered and renewed styles. Take the Picker Sisters, for example. On one of their recent shows, they purchased an entire house (for $500, I might add!) in order to use the weathered wood for furniture. Their handy-dandy carpenter turned some of the wood into modern takes on Adirondack patio furniture. Boy, was it stylish!

Then, today, I see an ad for a coffee table that is built from a metal frame with butcher block inspired shelves on industrial styled casters. I went to see it in person and it turns out the actual construction of this particular one was pretty cheap, but the concept definitely had me intrigued, and now I'm on the lookout for a scrap something I can turn into a super cool coffee table!

What have you seen that follows this trend? Do you like this style? Share your comments, thoughts and links below. And, of course, if anyone sees an ultra stylish coffee table that meets these specs, be sure to let me know! I need one!

No comments:

Post a Comment